Apparently the wondrous Terrie Alafat of CLG spoke up at the event, implying there would be new policy initiatives coming along on housing. Our mole reported that she used the phrases "something like housing enterprise zones" and "TIF2". Needless to say I put Dr Evans straight onto the scent, and we will report back.
There was also continued discussion about the private rented market and institutional investors which seems to be gaining momentum, as we've observed before. All of this is grist to the UKR mill, of course, and it is indeed very comforting to know you have tapped into a zeitgeist. The JRF Report identifies seven steps to achieving sustainable urban neighbourhoods:
· agree the spatial framework;
· facilitate public-private development partnerships;
· mobilise public undesignated land;
· attract private funding for infrastructure;
· open up housing markets;
· endow community stewardship;
· learn from what works.