Recently in Adam Tinworth Category
The blog coverage of MIPIM all seems to be Boris-centric still:
- The London Tonight team are somewhat boat-struck.
- Lookwest marks the visit of Boris to their stand
- The mayor puts some photos on his Facebook page
- Regeneration & Renewal picks some highlights of the speech Borish Johnson gave
- Manchester in MIPIM provides a pretty comprehensive round-up of the city's activity in Cannes
- And it appears that architects are just as bad for the "while the cat's away" mentality at MIPIM.
Some pics from EGMIPIM09 at the Cycle2Cannes finish, as our riders are welcomed by London mayor Boris Johnson:
The arrival of Boris, Mayor in London, at MIPIM seems to be stirring interest in the blogs:
- Mayorwatch presents a fairly straight account of his plans
- The Londoner's Diary notes the visit to a "sober" show, and goes on to mock the amount of MIPIM Twittering going on.
- And, of couse, Boris Johnson has posted a tweet about his arrival in Cannes
- Regeneration & Renewal is fascinated by MIPIM graffiti
- De zeen is intrigued by apartment blocks that don't need heating
- Susan Freeman is witnessing some Cannes hotel "issues"
(click picture for full version)
MIPIM itself doesn't get underway until tomorrow, but its already making its way into a few property blogs:
- Raising the Roof, the International Herald Tribune's property blog, has run a short preview of the event, predicting unusual sobriety at MIPIM.
- Steve Felix muses a little on the likely direction of property values, as he prepared to head off to Cannes.
- Architects Journal has a couple of industry figures contributing to its MIPIM blog.
This year's current crop of cyclists aren't the first to head down to Cannes on bike. This pic above is of the 1999 EG Transport Challenge cycling team, with people from Stockley Park and EG's own Stacey Meadwell.
I took the picture after they arrived in Cannes. I beat them down there, but I was on a rather more leisurely mode of transport: